BBCC BUMS Annual Regatta / A-Class Great Lakes Championship
BUM Regatta from August 18th to August 20th
Class Racing to include:
- A-Class - Great Lakes Championship from August 18th to August 20th
- All other classes*
- Practice / Fun Long Distance Race August 18th (Scored Separately)
- Racing from August 19th to August 20th
Details are as follows:
- Friday - August 18th Morning arrival/registration for all classes
- A-Cat Skippers meeting at 1pm Racing Starts at 2pm
- All other classes in the afternoon
- Fun Long Distance Race (Afternoon start time "To Be Announced")
- Post Racing Munchies
- Saturday - August 19th Morning arrival/registration for all classes
- Skippers meeting 10:00am Racing starts at 11:00am
- Evening Dinner at BBCC Club
- Sunday - August 20th Morning Racing starts at 10am
- Afternoon No race after 2pm
- Awards and Luncheon at BBCC Club
*Hobie 16 would have their own starts (if sufficient entries - TBA at skippers meeting) and scores.
For Hobie Class points regatta, a HCANA Membership is required.
All participants must be a current member of the HCANA (Hobie Class Association North America).
To join, please follow the link Join or Create or Renew your membership
If you don’t want to pay a full membership, you will have to pay a light membership of 35 $CAN (25$US) in support of our class, good for 1 event.
HCANA Membership would be verified at the registration desk at the venue.
For all participants, a proof of liability insurance of $100 000 would be verified at the registration desk at the venue.
Canada/US Border Crossing
BBCC has hosted numerous regatta’s which have included US participants transporting boats and equipment across the Canada/US border. The most recent was the 2022 A-Cat NA Championships with >25 participants coming from the US. All the A-Cat participants had no issues at the border both entering and exiting Canada. Current border crossing requirements include a valid passport, confirmation that the race participant has the authority to use the boat & equipment in the regatta (proof of ownership suggested) and confirmation that the boat and equipment will be returned to the US following the completion of the regatta.
Paid vehicle parking is available at Beachfront Park; however parking is limited so we recommend getting there early on race days. Additional overflow parking is available within a 5-minute walk from the Club.
BBCC is within walking distance of hotels and numerous condominiums and homes through Air B&B. Although there is no RV parking overnight at the beach, there are RV, trailers, and tent accommodations available at Bronte Creek Provincial Park, a short drive from the club. Links to local accommodations are listed below:
RV, Trailers, Tent Parking
- ✓ Bronte Creek Provincial Park - 1219 Burloak Drive, Oakville
- ✓ The Waterfront Hotel - 2020 Lakeshore Road. Located in downtown Burlington and a short walk to BBCC
- ✓ The Pearle Hotel and Spa - 3 Elizabeth Street. Also located in downtown Burlington.
- ✓ Holiday Inn Burlington - 3063 South Service Road. Burlington, Ontario
- ✓ Burlington Hotel Listings – Other Hotels in the Area Other Accommodations
- ✓ Numerous Airbnb options in Burlington & Hamilton